Bump to Birth – The complete journey!
Full Investment: $1950
Booking Fee: $850
Bump to Birth sessions are all about documenting the whole journey from pregnancy to birth to a newborn portrait session.
Please understand that births are unpredictable, spontaneous & require me & my family to be on call. Due to this, I only take on very limited bookings that I feel are a good fit. in the event that your birth is unable to be captured (**excluding any events at the hospital that prohibit me being allowed in), I will transfer your booking to a standard newborn session valued at $850
Births are documentary style only. Low lighting & uncontrolled conditions can result in grainier images.
Now booking from September 2021 – 1 space per month
I’m a lifestyle & birth documentary photographer based in Whyalla South Australia.
The birth of a child is one of the hardest, most life changing & emotional days you’ll experience in your life. My aim is to capture the raw, honest moments of the entire journey from the pregnancy to the arrival of a your beautiful baby. Birth is one beautiful, unscripted part of that story.
I believe this is a journey 2 parents, and a family go on together, & I am to capture your joy, excitement, anticipation & all the other emotions expecting & new parents will feel.
My approach is to be quietly by your side during active labour – capturing your journey, the details & the support network, right up until after bub is born, and then those precious first minutes & cuddles Earthside.
I work unobtrusively and candidly, aiming to capture as many raw & honest moments as possible while bub meets the family & get’s first weights & measurements done. I truly believe that having gorgeous images of your birth to look back on can be both empowering, & can make a real difference on how positively a family views their birthing experience.
I fully understand that births are a private & personal experience, & I join you & your medical team with trust & respect, aiming to be little more than a fly on the wall during your experience.
I am highly skilled with low light birthing conditions, but I will use an off camera flash when necessary to capture your precious shots.
Then she’ll see you again within a fortnight to do a more casual portrait session in your home. As newborn photos are very candid & documentive, this portrait session is an opportunity to get some prettier & more stylised images of your family that you can display in your home & gift to your friends. It’s also the final step in a series as you go on to start your new chapter together.
- A pre-birth warmup at approx 36/37 weeks gestation, to capture some beautiful maternity images & go over your preferences or last minute questions.
- An on-call 24/7 relationship over the four week period surrounding your estimated due date until you give birth. (I aim to keep the 2 weeks either side of your due date clear of sessions that might limit my ability to cover your special delivery & currently only book 1 birth per month)
- Time spent with you at your birth from active labour to approximately 2 hours after, capturing weighing/measurements, skin/skin, & all those first cuddles). This comes with the assurance that births are unpredictable & I am in for the long haul!
- Up to 3hr, go-with-the-flow newborn session (your choice of home lifestyle or ‘minimalist’ studio session)
- Facebook (or private) sneak peeks that you can share with your friends
- Access to your own personal, password protected gallery for viewing & ordering your carefully enhanced files
- Full resolution story-telling digital images of your birth journey // Download or USB (Ready to print)
- Personal print release
- Access to my a le carte, professional lab, archival quality product range
- A voucher for a 1yr cake smash/milestone session at the VIP price of $250 OR purchase a 1st year of milestones package (value $550) & your cake smash session will be included
SKAI SKORUP-MATTHEWS - PHOTOGRAPHER | LIFESTYLE + BIRTH + FAMILY DOCUMENTARY | WHYALLA, SA